Here's some pics of the army as it stands. Sorry for the picture quality on a few pics- the main light in my study is pretty poor, which made the pictures a bit fuzzy. Cancon prep is all done, well ahead of schedule. All in all, the minis are in base colours with a bit of detail here and there, but all of them have their bases done up, so they do look quite presentable.
Termies- shaded/base colours + eyes. Hey, its three colours and based :)
Assault Squads, Bikes, Dread, Pod and power armoured ICs (down the very end).
Stormraven is looking good!
After this I only have some small tasks to do to get the terrain all ready to go, and will be providing between four and five tables worth with medium coverage. Getting very excited at this point :)
As I'm still relatively new to this army I've forgotten a lot of key points and special rules in a couple of games. They're mainly rules that apply to either the BA models or core mechanics of the unit type. So, thinking that i'd like to make a good showing at Cancon I decided that a reminder/cheatsheet would be beneficial- i can keep this on hand and read up on things that will be helpful, as well as any ideas or planned tactics (ie refusing all Challenges!)
This is what's on my reminder sheet, hoping it helps me out somewhat!
· Roll for Red Thirst! (on a 1, swaps ATSKNF for Fearless, and gains Furious Charge).
· BA units attached/within 6” subject to FnP (5+) and Furious Charge.
· After deploying from Drop Pod, pop smoke if not in range for melta/flamer shooting.
· Librarians to cast Prescience in the majority (re-roll to hit in shooting or cc).
· All IC’s- refuse challenges/ not to declare challenges unless absolutely necessary or heavily in their favour.
· IC’s will be placed in the mid-rear of units to keep them alive long enough to use their buffs.
· IC’s (and upgrade Characters- Sgs etc) have ‘Precision shot’ (allocate wound to mini of choice on ’6’ rolls to hit)
Jump Pack units:
· Not shooting this turn? RUN RUN RUN! Get those Meltaguns/bombs in range. OR get to cover!
Jump pack charge range percentages- options:
1. Move 6”, charge 2D6” using jump pack- get to re-roll charge dice, gain Hammer of Wrath.
2. Jump pack move 12”, charge 2D6.
Total dist 6"% 12"%
9" >99% 100%
10" 99% 100%
11" 97% 100%
12" 92% 100%
13" 83% 100%
14" 66% 100%
15" 48% 97%
16" 31% 92%
17" 16% 83%
18" 5% 72%
· Movement 12”- any movement at all gives ‘Jink’ (5+ cover save).
· Bikes have ‘Relentless’- move and fire as though stationary even when moving.
· Bikes have ‘Hammer of Wrath when charging- 1 attack per bike at Str4 In.10 auto hit.
· If not shooting, bike may ‘turbo-boost’ up to an extra 12”, gaining a 4+ cover save.
· T5 is now used for ID tests- with 2 wounds per bike, can only be killed outright by Str10 hits
So, my hope is that with these reminders I can keep on top of things, stress less about the rules and just have a great time. Does anyone else do things like this, or is it just me??
Hopefully I can get a bunch of great pics up from Cancon on each day, I know you'll all want to see the armies that come along.